- Why is Visual Paradigm offering special academic licenses?
Visual Paradigm understands that universities and tertiary institutions have special needs and budgetary constraints. Therefore, we offer an attractive package to educational institutions through special Academic Partner Program.
- Who can take advantage of the academic licenses through the Visual Paradigm Academic Partner Program?
Members of academic institutions who are willing to commit to the use of Visual Paradigm software for educational purpose can benefit from the Visual Paradigm Academic Partner Program.
- Does academic licenses have limitation in functionality?
Visual Paradigm academic licenses have no functionality limitations; features are identical to Visual Paradigm's full-powered commercial software.
- What commitments are required in order to become an academic partner?
First, you must execute the Visual Paradigm Academic Partner License Agreement. Then, you need to commit to use Visual Paradigm as part of any teaching or training program for a class. The Visual Paradigm-related training must involve a minimum of 20 hours per student annually. In addition, the minimum class size should be no less than 10 students.
- May I make the academic license accessible by our students through Intranet?
Yes, you can do this but please make sure only your students taking your courses can access it. Besides, partners and their students will be granted access to our Academic Partner Portal. License details can be obtained there as well.
- Can we put a local copy of the software, tutorial, and documentation to our internal server to minimize traffic load?
Yes, you can put our software, tutorial, and documentation at your internal server to speed up the download process within your local network.
- Is administrator required when students activate Visual Paradigm?
No. Students can activate Visual Paradigm by themselves.