Want to create floor plan? We will provide you with an introduction on floor plan and let you know how you can create floor plan with our floor plan maker.
What is Floor Plan?
A floor plan is a diagram that shows you the layout of an area from above. Floor plans typically shows the location of walls, windows and doors, as well as installations such as furniture, cabinetry, and appliances. Floor plans are usually drawn to scale and will indicate room types and room dimensions.
Purpose of Floor Plans
A floor plan is a visual representation of the layout of an area such as a house or other architectural structure. Floor plans are created to serve the purposes below:
- When furnishing a house, office, restaurant, school, and so on
- As a blueprint to use when constructing a building
- Configuration of electrical installations, lighting etc.
- Sitting plan in event organizing
- Renovation of a room or a building
A floor plan is an architectural drawing showing the spatial layout of a particular area. Floor plans present physical details of fixtures and may include notes for construction to specify finishes, construction methods, or symbols for electrical items.
How to Draw Floor Plan?
- Select Diagram > New from the main menu.
- In the New Diagram window, select Floor Plan and click Next.
- Select an existing floor plan template, or select Blank to create from scratch. Click Next.
- Enter the diagram name and click OK.
- Drag and drop the floor plan symbols from the palette onto the canvas.
- When you finished, you can export the diagram as image (JPG, PNG, PDF, SVG, etc) and share it with your friends or co-workers (Project > Export > Active Diagram as Image…).