Installing Visual Paradigm on Mac OS X
Having downloaded the installer of Visual Paradigm, execute it, run through the installation to install Visual Paradigm. If you are using the InstallFree version, you just need to unzip it and run Visual Paradigm directly. In this chapter, we will go through the installation of Visual Paradigm both with installer (.dmg) and InstallFree (.tgz).
Using installer (With bundled JRE)
- Double click on the downloaded installer file. Your installer file should have a filename that ends with _OSX_WithJRE.dmg. If not, it's possible that the installer has no JRE bundled. You may want to download again or read the next section for the installation procedure of such an installer.
- Drag Visual Paradigm to the Applications folder, or anywhere else you want (e.g. Desktop).
To install Visual Paradigm in Applications folder
- Wait for file copying finished.
- You can run Visual Paradigm by double clicking on it directly.
To run Visual Paradigm
Using installer (Without bundled JRE)
- Execute the downloaded Visual Paradigm installer file. The setup wizard appears as below.
Visual Paradigm welcome screen
- Click Next to proceed to the License Agreement page.
- Read through the license agreement carefully. Make sure you accept the terms before continuing with the installation. If you accept the agreement, select I accept the agreement and click Next to proceed to the Select Destination Directory page.
The License Agreement
- Specify the directory for installing Visual Paradigm. Click Next to proceed to the next page.
- In the File Association page, keep Visual Paradigm Project (*.vpp) checked if you want your system able to open the project file upon direct execution (i.e. double click). Click Next to start the file copying process.
- Upon finishing, you can select whether to start Visual Paradigm or not. Keep Visual Paradigm selected and click Finish will run Visual Paradigm right away.
Using InstallFree version (.tgz)
Decompress the downloaded .tgz file into a directory. This creates a subdirectory named "Visual Paradigm 14.2" where 14.2 is the version number. That's it. To start Visual Paradigm, execute Visual Paradigm 14.2\Visual Paradigm.app.
Question: What is the difference between Installer and InstallFree Version?
Answer: Installer version creates shortcut and registers the menus that make the system more easy to use. We suggest user to use installer version for a long term usage. The InstallFree version is good for evaluation and testing the release candidate.
Question: I cannot complete the installation due to a file is missing when copying files. What can I do?
Answer: This can be caused by a corrupted installer file. Please download the installer file again with a different mirror site and run it again to solve the problem.
Question: I cannot start the application after installing the software. What can I do?
Answer: There are several possible causes of the problem. If you are sure that your installation was performed correctly, contact Visual Paradigm's support team for assistance. It is recommended to include the vp.log file in ~/Library/Application Support/VisualParadigm (e.g. ~/Library/Application Support/VisualParadigm\vp.log).
Question: The installer file is detected to contain a virus. What can I do?
Answer: Our installer files are all packed by ourselves in a secure environment and are scanned for virus before releasing to public. If a virus is detected, please update to the latest virus profile first. After that, we recommend you perform a full system scan, download the installer file from our official site, and run the installation again. If the problem remain, please contact us or the virus scanner vendor for assistance.
The following resources may help you to learn more about the topic discussed in this page.
- Download Visual Paradigm and try it FREE
- Download the community edition of Visual Paradigm - simply free for non-commercial use
- New to Visual Paradigm? We have a lot of UML tutorials written to help you get started with Visual Paradigm
- Have difficulties when installing Visual Paradigm? Contact us. We will help you out
|1. Windows 2000/NT/2003/XP/Vista/7/8/10||Table of Contents||3. Linux and Unix|