How to Generate RACI from BPMN Process Diagram?
A RACI chart is a matrix capable of showing how people or roles are related to business activities in a business process. You may form a RACI chart from a BPD to record the responsibility roles among swimlanes (i.e. Pool and lane) and activities (i.e. Task and sub-process. At any intersection of the participant and activity you can assign participant any of the four available responsible roles for a particular activity:
- Responsible - The participant who do the activity.
- Approver - The participant who approves or disapprove against an activity.
- Consulted - The participant who need to comment on the activity.
- Informed - The participant who need to be informed for any update about the activity.
To create a RACI chart from BPD:
- Right click on the background of a BPD and select Utilities > Generate RACI Diagram from the popup menu.
Generate RACI chart from BPD
- The role R, abbreviation for responsible, is automatically assigned to the intersection of participant and activitiy whenever the activity is put inside an participant. You may add or remove roles by clicking on a cell in the chart and update the role selection.
Update the responsibility roles
The following resources may help you learn more about the topic discussed in this page.
|Chapter 5. RACI Chart||Table of Contents||2. Forming RACI chart from EPC Diagram|