How to Generate RACI from EPC Diagram?
A RACI chart is a matrix capable of showing how people or roles are related to business activities in a business process. You may form a RACI chart from an EPC diagram to record the responsibility roles among roles, organization units and functions.
- Responsible - The participant who do the activity.
- Approver - The participant who approves or disapprove against an activity.
- Consulted - The participant who need to comment on the activity.
- Informed - The participant who need to be informed for any update about the activity.
To create a RACI chart from EPC diagram:
- Right click on the background of a EPC diagram and select Utilities > Generate RACI Diagram from the popup menu.
- The role R, abbreviation for responsible, is automatically assigned to the intersection of role/organization unit and function whenever the function is connected to the role or organization by information flow or assignment connector. You may add or remove roles by clicking on a cell in the chart and update the role selection.
The following resources may help you learn more about the topic discussed in this page.
|1. Forming RACI Chart from Business Process Diagram||Table of Contents||Chapter 6. Business Concept Diagram|