A section is a number of continued pages that apply the same set of page properties. These properties include page size, page orientation, page margin, visibility of header/footer, content of header/footer, etc.
Because section allows you to define different layouts for different pages, you can make pages that consist of wide tables show in landscape, with the other pages remain in portrait. You can also add content-specific header and footer.
By inserting a section break, pages that appear after the break will apply the same set of page properties as defined in the break. To insert a section break:
- Select the content block where you want to insert a section break beforehand.
- Click on the button on the document's toolbar. A section page is inserted which moves the chosen content to a new page.
The layout of pages within a section are controlled by the setting configured in the section break. To configure a section break:
- Right click on the section break.
- Select Edit... from the popup menu. This shows the Section Properties window.
- Edit the settings and click OK to confirm the change.
Here is a description of different parts of the Section Properties window.
|Overview of the Section Properties window
The following resources may help you to learn more about the topic discussed in this page.
- New to Visual Paradigm? We have a lot of UML tutorials written to help you get started with Visual Paradigm
- Visual Paradigm on YouTube
- Visual Paradigm Know-How - Tips and tricks, Q&A, solutions to users' problems
- Contact us if you need any help or have any suggestion
|10. Adding Page Break||Table of Contents||12. Adding Table of Contents|