Want to create a network diagram? We will provide you with an introduction to the network diagram and let you know how you can create a network diagram with our network diagram software.
What is a Network Diagram?
A network diagram shows how computers and network devices (e.g. router, switch, etc) connect within a network. It is widely used in network architecture design. A typical use of network diagrams is for tracking down network issues by studying how the computers and devices are connected and inter-related.
Purpose of Network diagrams
A network diagram visualizes the structure of networking devices under a domain. It shows the devices involved in a network (e.g. routers, hubs, firewalls, etc) and how they interact with each other.
Network diagrams have a rich set of symbols which makes it easy to visualize different kinds of networks.
How to Draw Network Diagram?
- Select Diagram > New from the main menu.
- In the New Diagram window, select Network Diagram and click Next.
- Select an existing Network Diagram diagram template, or select Blank to create from scratch. Click Next.
- Enter the diagram name and click OK.
- Drag and drop the symbol of devices that form your network from the palette onto the canvas. Connect them with proper connector lines.
- When you finished, you can export the diagram as an image (JPG, PNG, PDF, SVG, etc) and share it with your friends or co-workers (Project > Export > Active Diagram as Image…).