In this tutorial we will show you how to add members and projects into VPository.
Overview of this Tutorial
In this tutorial you will learn how to add project members and projects into VPository.com. In order to complete this tutorial you must have been subscribed to VPository.com.
Adding Members into VPository
- Open your web browser.
- Visit your VPository cloud entry point.
- Click Login at the top right corner.
- Enter the email and password.
- Click Login.
- You are brought to the Members management screen. To add a member, click Invite Member.
- Now, enter the names and the Email addresses of the members to create. If you have a spare Email, you can use it here. If you want to add your colleague here, enter his/her Email address. Just to make sure the Email is valid because VPository will send an Email to the Email address entered.
- Click Send Invitation. Invitation Email will be sent out shortly. So let's take a break and carry on with the next section in three minutes. :-)
Accepting the Invitation
Once a member has received an invitation Email and has accepted the invitation to become a member, he/she can start working with the projects in VPository. Let's see how a member can react to an invitation.
- Check the inbox of the Email account you entered in step 7 of the previous section. There should be an Email with subject %VPOSITORY-NAME% - VPository where %VPOSITORY-NAME% is the name of VPository.
- Click on Activate your VPository Account in the middle of the Email.
- This opens the Account Activation page in a web browser. Enter the password and click Activate.
The Congratulations screen will be shown once the member account has been activated.
Meanwhile, the manager of VPository can now see the member displayed in the Members management screen.
Adding Projects into VPository
To add a project into VPository:
- Open the Projects management screen in VPository.
- Click Add Project.
- Enter My Project as project name.
- In the Project Members section, click Edit.
- Select some members and click Read & Commit. By granting the selected members Read & Commit permissions, they will be able to open this project from Visual Paradigm, and to commit their changes to server.
- Click Confirm.
You've done! From now on, members who have logged in VPository from Visual Paradigm can open the projects to which read the Read permission was