Visual Paradigm is an easy to use visual database and UML class diagram design tool. Visual Paradigm is built on top of Visual Paradigm award-winning visual modeling engine to deliver intuitive database design experience. Visual Paradigm connects to Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g and 11g for generating database, reverse database and alter database. Visual Paradigm can show difference between two databases visually through a feature called Visual Diff. Visual Paradigm generates Java, .NET, Hibernate and NHibernate Mapping.
Visual Paradigm offers
Database and UML design
- Visually design tables, indexes and relationships without SQL (ERD).
- Design object-oriented static model with UML class diagram.
- Excel export and import for mass editing.
- Compare and show differences between two databases visually (visual diff).
- Generate database design in PDF, MS Word 2007 and HTML format.
- Publish database design to Intranet web server for fast query (Project publisher).
- Design database collaboratively with VPository
- Automatic creation of entity relationship diagrams from exiting database.
- Generate well formatted DDL scripts to create database or alter database.
- Customizable generated SQL format.
- Design database offline - No need to connect database when design.
Object-Relational Mapping (Hibernate and NHibernate) code generation
- Generate class diagram from ERD and vice versa.
- Synchronize changes between class diagram and ERD.
- Visualize and document mapping between ERD and class diagram (ORM Diagram).
- Generate Hibernate XML and annotation mapping.
- Generate Java (or C#) source files for accessing the DB through Hibernate.
- All generated source, mapping layer and mapping engine are royalty free and no hidden library.
- Visual Paradigm Monthly Subscription: US$ 35 per month (Billed every 3 months for $35 per month. Billed monthly for $39 per month)
- Visual Paradigm Perpetual License: US$ 799
- Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g and 11g
- DB2 7 and 8
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 12.5
- Sybase SQL Anywhere 9
- MySQL 3, 4, 5
- HSQLDB 1.61 - 1.8
- Cloudscape/Derby 10
- PostgreSQL 7/8
- IBM Informix
- Ingres 2006
- Progress OpenEdge Release 10
- Firebird 2.0
- FrontBase 4
- Microsoft Windows 98/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
- Linux (well tested in Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian)
- Mac OSX
Microsoft, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server are U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation
Oracle is U.S. registered trademark of Oracle Corporation
Sybase is U.S. registered trademark of Sybase, Inc.
MySQL is trademark of MySQL AB
Mac OSX is U.S. registered trademark of Apple, Inc.