- Download Simple-Bill-Settlement.vpp. You can also find this file at the bottom of this tutorial.
- Open the downloaded .vpp file in Visual Paradigm. To open a project, select Project > Open from the application toolbar.
- Open the EPC diagram Bill settlement.
- When you need to emphasize the importance of a shape, you can assign stereotype to it. Assume the function Process Bill should be given priority during the process of bill settlement, let's mark it as an urgent function. Right click on Process Bill and select Stereotype > Edit Stereotypes... from the pop-up menu.
- In the Function Specification window, Stereotypes tab is opened. Click Edit Stereotypes....
- In the Configure Stereotypes window, click Add....
- In the Stereotype Specification window, select the General tab. Name the stereotype as Urgent.
- Click Configure....
- In the Stereotype Format window, select the Background tab. Check Use and select Red. Click OK to confirm.
- Next, add a tagged values. Open Tagged Value Definitions tab. Supplementary information is given to the shape which the tagged value attaching to. Various tagged values are available, such as model element tag, enumeration tag and floating point number tag. In this example, click the Add button and select Text Tag from the drop-down menu. Enter Deadline as the name of tag.
- Click OK in the Stereotype Specification window and then the Configure Stereotypes window.
In the Function Specification window, click > to assign it on the Selected list. Click OK.
Other than assigning the newly created stereotype to the Selected list, you can also right click on Process Bill and select Stereotypes > Urgent from the pop-up menu.
- As you can see the stereotype is attached to Process Bill function. Process Bill now turns into red which matches with the message of the Urgent stereotype it is given.
- Moreover, you can show the tagged value you have just created. To show the tagged value, right click on the diagram's background, select Presentation Options > Show Tagged Values > Show All from the pop-up menu. The tagged value is shown below:
You can set a value to the tag via the specification window of Process Bill, under the Tagged Values tab.